« Home | Contest Winners » | Silent Nights » | Fund Raising Activities » | Oops I did it Again » | Is it, really? » | Questions, Please answer » | Blogstalker's New Anthem » | Jollibee Video » | One Big Fight » | Strange Welcome »

Christmas Away from Home

This year I decided to spend Christmas away from my family. Well, at least, my immediate family. I haven't visited my grand parents and my cousins for 12 years so I figured a change of pace might do me some good.

I remember last Christmas...dreading the 26th. Dreading the day she will leave this country to spread her wings elsewhere. This year was going to be different. Not as depressing as last year. Not ecstatic either.

More nostalgic.

I remember my childhood with the old folks. We were always spoiled when we come here. Before college, my grandmother tried to bribe me with a car if only I would go to college here.

So much has changed. The old hangouts were replaced by the new. More malls sprouted, bringing all the people from nearby provinces.

It's definitely not provincial. It wasn't provincial then. Moreso now. And every Davaoeno will scream in protest if you call their Metropolis a "province."

And now I remember why I loved coming to this place. I love the clean air. The tropical weather. The law-abiding drivers and pedestrians. The fast responsive local government units (they have 911 as the emergency hotline number: for all types of emergencies. Just like in the USA).

I love the fact that they dont have firecrackers, except in the main town plaza during the new year.

I love the food...cheap, quality, great-tasting food.

I love it that everything is just 15 minutes away...including the beach.

I love the clean, fun, parties (without having to die of second-hand smoke).

The people are nice. The women are pretty and I mean real pretty. They arent maporma at all. They don't wear much make-up. They are quite manang compared to the Manila, but when you get down to the way they look, they are absolutely stunning.

Forget the parties at the Fort. The crazy events in Boracay. This is where Christmas is Christmas. And I think I'll probably make this an annual habit.

hey ur from davao? I am from dvo...enjoy lang ako sa entry mo kaya napa-post ako.
truli..gnda ng dvo..

Post a Comment